Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Price is Right Sound Effects!


I've been looking for one of these sound effects for a while now. The losing horns. You know when someone loses a game they get the buzz, then bah bah bah dah boooow. You'll know what I mean when you hear it.

I keep hearing it on a radio station here in Edmonton: Sonic 102.9FM. They play the sound effect whenever someone guesses the "Modern Rock Door" incorrectly. This happens a lot. Anyway thanks to Garner Andrews, the hilarious DJ, I was able to find way more than what I was looking for. Good talk this morning Garnie. Thanks!

I'm not sure which tone or notification I want to use this for yet, but I can't get enough of it. Its the 8th one down on the list. Maybe I could use it for my junk email account notification.

Here's a link to the download page: http://www.qwizx.com/gssfx/usa/price.htm

You can go to it on your BB and download the tones directly to your ringtone folder, or you can download them to your computer and transfer them via USB later. (See earlier post all about "Ringtones and Notifications.")

They even have the Yodelling song. Remember that one where the little guy is climbing the mountain? PRICELESS! (pun fully intended...is that even a pun?)

Thanks for the memories Bob! Does anyone else think Drew Carey is a terrible host? In my search for these sound effects I came across a quote from the retired legend that is Bob Barker.

"I think the thing I miss most about The Price Is Right is the applause. I retract that, the thing I miss most about The Price Is Right is the money."
– Retired host
Bob Barker, to PEOPLE

10 comments: