Enter FlashOn! Its a simple app that works with all BB's running OS 4.2 or higher. I just tested it on 188.8.131.52 and it works great. If you don't have a flash/video light you can use the LED or screen to light the way.
Here are some of the features:
- If you have a flash/video light, it will automatically use that
- For the LED you can choose between: Off, White, Blue, Orange or Green.
- Set it to turn off automatically from between 1 minute to never
- Option to cover up the camera
- There are 30 screen colors to choose from. Coral, Fuschia, Gold, Lavender, Magenta...take your pick. (Kinda weird there are so many colors? Just me?)
- A cool icon so you can put it right on your homescreen
I have my LED set to blue, covered the camera, automatic shutdown at 2 minutes and the screen is set to black...as tempting as Light Cyan was.
You can get FlashOn for free here: http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=52120&n=FlashOn