Wednesday, December 23, 2009

BlackBerry Data Is Down!


UPDATE: The outage was cause by newer versions of BBM. Particularly 5.0.0.55 and 5.0.0.56. There is a new version available that supposedly fixes everything. Get it here on your BB browser: www.blackberry.com/messenger


I noticed something weird going on earlier today with my BlackBerry Messenger. I wasn't getting the usual delivered and read notifications.

I tried rebooting, switching connection types and fervent prayer, but nothing was working. So I called BB technical support and sure enough, its not just me having problems. There is a prerecorded message after you get transferred to tech support that says they are having problems with their data service and are working on a solution.

I have done a bit of research and they are saying it could be fixed in anywhere between 3hrs and a DAY. Not cool. I'm paying for a data plan and expect to be able to use it anytime.

I hope I wake up tomorrow with many many messages signifying the end to this madness. The sweet sound of my notifications will bring tears to my eyes for sure. Or I will wake up to complete silence and isolation and wallow in despair.

Berry Christmas everyone!
Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 Javelin.


No comments:

Post a Comment