Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BlackBerry Help Homepage Updated Finally! New Wallpaper and Ringtones.

Remember that little gold plus sign icon called "BlackBerry HELP!" on your BB that sends you to a terribly outdated site that hardly ever gets new content? Well surprise surprise, its been updated. Not too much, but it looks like the ringtones section has has some significant upgrades. Lots of categories, and they're actually pretty cool. I can't tell you how many times I've been cruising Walmart (yes, I go there...sometimes) when I hear the default 'crystal' notifier 3 times from some poor BB owner who doesn't know any better. Your notifications can say so much about you! Gotta personalize people! Find some tones that you love and put em to work. See an earlier post on how to do this: Ringtones and Notifications. This was written before OS 5.0 was released which makes things a lot easier.
There have been an outstanding 6 new wallpapers added! Its really just 2 with different text and zoomed, but they're not bad I guess.
As for themes, I don't know why they bother. The themes link just takes you to another link to Bplay. I guess there are plenty of themes on App World right now. I just don't see the point of keeping this link active. The only reason I can see is pretty obvious I guess: $$$. Bplay has got some deal going with RIM. There is also a link to Bplay for premium ringtones. Ringtones should never be paid for in my opinion; especially on a BlackBerry where you can make any song or sound ANY notification.

Anyway, check out the little gold plus signs when you get a chance. Or if you've hid that icon because it has been useless for so long, click this link on your BB browser:

No comments:

Post a Comment