Monday, July 6, 2009

The Future of BlackBerry - No Trackball!


Ever have your trackball get stuck or stop going one direction? As much as I love the new line of BlackBerry Smartphones out there, the trackball is definitely their downfall. I can't even count how many times I have lost precious lives in BrickBreaker due to a dusty, malfunctioning trackball.

There is hope. I think RIM finally figured out the main reason for returns and warranty replacements is the trackball. The next generation of BlackBerrys is rumored to have an OPTICAL TRACKPAD instead of a trackball. I think, if this is done correctly, this could be the ultimate solution to all of our trackball woes.

The image above is of the Curve 8520. I'm not sure when it will be released, but I look forward to seeing more and more trackpads replacing trackballs.

If nothing else, its a step in the right direction. More info and pics at this link: http://www.gadgetvenue.com/blackberry-curve-8520-optical-trackpad-leaked-pics-05044143/

What do you think? Is this a good thing? Remember, anyone can comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment