Monday, April 13, 2009

The Wonders of Autotext!

I know, I know, that's an Autobot, not Autotext. But Autotext on the BB is almost as powerful as the mighty Optimus! Also, in an unrelated matter, I couldn't find a cool picture of "Autotext."

Anyway, Autotext is an underrated feature for most BB users. You can improve your typing speed quite a bit if you set it up correctly. 

It's very simple. Go to Options-->Autotext. First of all, it would be a good idea to scan through the default Autotext entries and familiarize yourself with some useful ones. Here are some I found:

  • hr - hour
  • il - I'll
  • mn - minute
  • mo - month
  • mynumber - (displays your phone number)
  • mypin - (displays your PIN)
  • yr - year
Try them out! Just type the first letter combination, then hit space. Pretty cool eh?

You can also add your own custom entries for common words you use. For example, when I type the letter 'w' and hit space, Autotext turns it into 'with'. You can add whatever you like by going to Autotext in Options, hitting the menu and selecting 'New.'

Thanks to our newest members Amy and Admiral for signing in! Make sure to tell your friends and sign into the members box if you like what you see. Comments are much appreciated as well. Let me know what you'd like to know about and I'll do my best to figure it out for you.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment